1 heat of each event unless otherwise specified. Where there are multiple sections, Section 1 (the fastest section) will run first.
DAY 1: FRIDAY MAY 31st
Track open for preview/workouts/shakeouts from 12:00pm to 5:30pm on Friday
- 6:00pm: Women’s Open 800m
- 6:15pm: Men’s Open 800m
- 6:30pm: Women’s Open 5000m (sub-20 entry guideline)
- 6:50pm: Men’s Open 5000m (sub-18 entry guideline)
ELITE SECTION (see entry standards below)
- 7:30pm: HS Girls’ 2000m Steeplechase
- 7:45pm: HS Boys’ 2000m Steeplechase
- 8:00pm: HS Girls’ 3200m
- 8:20pm: HS Boys’ 3200m
- 8:35pm: Men’s Mile
- 8:45pm: Women’s 5000m
- 9:05pm: Men’s 5000m
- 9:30pm: Men’s 600m
DAY 2: SATURDAY JUNE 1st
- 5:00pm: Kids’ Superhero Dash 200m
- 5:10pm: Elementary School Boys’ 800m
- 5:20pm: Elementary School Boys’ 800m
- 5:30pm: Middle School Girls’ Mile (Gr. 6-8)
- 5:45pm: Middle School Boys’ Mile (Gr. 6-8)
- 6:00pm: Women’s Open Mile
- 6:15pm: Men’s Open Mile
- 6:35pm: Kids’ 400m Steeplechase
ELITE SECTION (see entry standards below)
- 7:10pm: NATIONAL ANTHEM (performed by Megan Conner)
- 7:15pm: HS Girls’ 800m
- 7:25pm: HS Boys’ 800m
- 7:35pm: Women’s 800m (2 heats)
- 7:55pm: Men’s 800m (2 heats)
- 8:15pm: Women’s 3000m Steeplechase
- 8:35pm: Men’s 3000m Steeplechase
- 8:50pm: HS Girls’ 1 mile
- 9:00pm: HS Boys’ 1 mile
- 9:15pm: Women’s 1500m (2 heats)
- 9:30pm Men’s 1500m (2 heats)
The address for the track is 1414-1410 Natchez Trace, Nashville, TN 37212
The meet will take place on a brand new Mondo surface that was laid down in April 2017.
Athletes will not be able to run if they do not comply with these rules:
- The use of 1/4″ pyramid spikes will be strictly enforced
- NO NEEDLE SPIKES OR CHRISTMAS TREE SPIKES ALLOWED
- No permanent spike shoes allowed
- Shoes will be checked at last call in the Clerk Area and prior to getting on the track
The Music City Distance Carnival has All-comers races, and Elite races that that take place later in the evening on both days.
For the All-comers races, there is no entry standard for the kids’ races or the open 800m or 1 mile. There is, however, due to a tight schedule, there are entry guidelines of 18:30 (men) and 20:00 (women) for the open 5000m races. There are strict entry standards for the Elite races.
Listed in the table below are the entry standards for races in the Elite Section (for both Men/Women and High School Boys/Girls)
Seeding: Seed times must be actual performances (not fitness estimates) and must be verifiable marks achieved between January 1, 2019 and the registration deadline (Tuesday May 28, 2018). Performances may be from Indoor or Outdoor meets.
For the purposes of 5000m seeding, USATF-certified road races may also be considered. 2017 performances will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
High school athletes may enter the Elite Invitational Men’s and Women’s 5000m races providing they recorded the requisite 3200m/2 miles times listed above.
Seeding for the races will be as follows:
- 600m races: 7 runners max. No rabbit. INVITATION ONLY (U.S Record attempt). Lane assignments: Fastest seed to slowest seeds – 4, 5, 3, 6, 2, 7, 1
- 800m races: Top 8 + rabbit in fastest heat. Run in lanes. Slowest seed in lane 8 sharing lane with rabbit. Lane assignments: Fastest seed to slowest seeds – 4, 5, 3, 6, 2, 7, 1, 8
- 1500/Mile races: Top 12 + rabbit in fastest heat
- 3000m Steeplechase: Maximum of 20 runners. If more than 24 runners are confirmed, top 12 seeds will run in the fastest heat; all others in slower heat.
- 5000m: Maximum of 24 runners
Registration is via runsignup.com
NOTE: All runners must sign up for the meet online. No exceptions.
Entry fees are as follows:
• $40.00 per event for high school runners and adults.
• $20.00 for Middle School runners.
• $12.00 for Elementary School runners.
• $7.00 for the Kids Superhero 200 Dash and 400m Steeplechase.
There is over $17,000 of prize money up for grabs for elite runners. Here is the distribution.
600m: $750 | $250 | $150 + $250 Meet Record Bonus (1:14.92)
800m: $750 | $250 | $150 + $250 Meet Record Bonus (1:45.57) + $250 TN Soil Record Bonus (1:44.85)
1500m: $1500 | $750 | $250 + $250 Meet Record Bonus (1:45.57) $250 TN Soil Record Bonus (3:34.92)
Mile: $750 | $250 | $150 + $250 Meet Record Bonus (3:55.43)
3000m Steeplechase: $750 | $250 | $150 + $250 Meet Record Bonus (8:26.08) + $250 TN Soil Record Bonus (8:21.48)
5000m: $750 | $250 | $150 + $250 Meet Record Bonus (13:48.31) + $250 TN Soil Record Bonus (13:20.39)
800m: $750 | $250 | $150 + $250 Meet Record Bonus (1:59.76)
1500m: $1500 | $750 | $250 + $250 Meet Record Bonus (4:06.64) + $250 TN Soil Record Bonus (4:03.37)
3000m Steeplechase: $750 | $250 | $150 + $250 Meet Record Bonus (9:34.76)
5000m: $750 | $250 | $150 + $250 Meet Record Bonus (15:42.3) + $250 TN Soil Record Bonus (15:22.76)
Note: Prize money will be awarded to the top 3 times recorded in an event; not the top 3 in the ‘fastest’ heat; i.e. an athlete may win (or win prize money) out of a slower heat in the case if the 800m, for example.
If you are an athlete (or the coach of an athlete) interested in pacing, please email the meet director. Unless otherwise negotiated in advance of the meet, rabbits will be paid $150, or $40 per lap, whichever is the higher amount.
TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION ASSISTANCE
For anyone seeking travel and accommodation assistance, there is a form for you to complete and submit your request. A strict budget has been set aside for this. It will be dispensed on a first come first serve basis to those who sign a meet contract and email a confirmed travel itinerary.
Athletes who have attained the following standards in 2017 or 2018 are eligible for (but not guaranteed to receive) travel assistance to assist with either air or road travel to/from Nashville.
- 800m: 1:47.40/2:03.00
- 1500m: 3:40.50/4:13.25
- Mile: 3:58.00/4:32.50
- 3000m: Steeplechase: 8:35.00/9:58.00
- 5000m: 13:37.00/15:45.00
The standard amount that will be paid out is $250 towards the cost of travel.
Appearance money will be paid on a very limited basis. Unless you are a 2016 Olympian or a current indoor or outdoor U.S Champion, it is unlikely you will receive any appearance fee. This is not the Diamond League 🙂
NOTE: With regard to both travel and accommodation assistance and appearance money, a meet contract will be drafted and emailed, and must be signed by the athlete and/or agent.
If you have ever been convicted of a serious doping violation, no matter how long ago, you are not welcome at this meet. Not this year, not any year. There will be a USADA agent at the meet, and anyone competing should expect to be subject to a random in-competition test.
If you set a U.S Record you will automatically be subjected to a test. USADA will pay for this. If you are a foreigner and set a National Record, it is strongly advised you get a test immediately after the race. Furthermore, you should advise the meet director that you are going for a National Record and in which event, and also email the meet director any record paperwork that your national federation might require. All relevant forms for U.S and World Records (Open and Masters) will be available at the meet so that records may be ratified in a timely manner.
A discounted block of rooms is available at the wonderful Hayes Street Hotel, located just a half mile from the track. Use discount code RunMCDC to get discounted rate of $219/night
Economy Option: Scarritt-Bennett Center on Vanderbilt’s campus.
Elite Athlete Hosting Program
We operate an Elite Athlete Hosting Program wherein we match out of town athletes in need of accommodation with local runners who have offered to host MCDC competitors. If this is an option you’d like to take advantage of e-mail the meet director and you will be mailed a form to complete.
As it has been for the last three years, the meet will be broadcast live on Flotrack. You will need a
Flotrack Pro account to watch. Go to www.flotrack.org for more information.
Twitter/Instagram/Facebook: @RunMCDC | please like/follow us
Desired hashtags are #RunMusicCity #CubicZirconiaLeague
Meet Director: Dave Milner | email@example.com | 615.513.7327